tagboard

Dumpling day!

Friday, June 5, 2009
I was awoken by my mommy's "起來包粽子咯!" (wake up bao ba zhang!) 8a.m. in the morning on a monday morning...1st June 2009.

Yea 端午節 (ba zhang festival) is already over then. But I was busy practicing violin then, and my mommy happen to have her off days on Mon-Wed this week soo...hurhurr.

I'm so excited! Have been asking her to teach me how to make those rice dumplings since last year!

So this is (kinda) how you make those triangular rice dumplings, here I go:
===========================================================

First the ingrediants.
1. Very important 五香粉 some spices powder.

2. Sugar
3. Light & Dark Soy Sauce
4. Oil
5. Garlic
6. Onion
What you want to put inside the dumpling is up to you. My mommy put:
1. Mini Shrimps
2. Minced Meat
3. Mushrooms
4. Walnuts
5. 3 Layer Porks

And a very important. R I C E!
Not any other ordinary rice you eat everyday. But its Glutinous Rice =D
Yes one whole big basin of it.

The 3 layer pork! My mommy saw got this recipe from some soysauce bottle... and I read it out loud:
"材料:湯匙一只"
"Ingrediant- Spoon, one of it"
Ahahahaha Anw. Back to the topic. The last ingrediant is to be washed, boiled and put into the fridge to be kept fresh. =D

Guess what is it?Time to 'cook' the ingrediants!

Basically it's just throwing all the first batch of 6 spices/ingrediants/oil/whatever into the frying pan with the ingrediant you are cooking. =.="

If you cook often enough, I'm sure this doesn't need elaboration. (First pour some oil heat up the pan and oil, throw in the garlic blah blah blah blah blah...)

This is the first ingrediant to be cooked! SHRIMPS! The sequence doesn't really matter.Ehehe my daddy said it looks like worms =xThen walnuts!Third batch...lots of oil, garlic, and onions...guess what?
MUSHROOMS! =DSO MUCH OIL OMG!

No wonder rice dumplings are always so oily =sMinced meat. Look like some heart/lungs 0.o

Oil = Emptied!Remember those extra huge amount of oil from the mushrooms?

Haha no worries! It is going into the rice!!!My mommy loves the rice with red beans (boil your beans before puting them into the pan!)
See so pretty.

But my sister and I HATE IT! =pLooks like a paw print, yes? no? heee..Remember the red plastic bag? Have you guessed what is it yet? Hurhurrr BANANA LEAVES laaaA shot before the wrapping process. HehheeBanana leaves made 'strings' to tie the dumplings!

I put my 0.5 kg dumbbells on the chair to prevent it from toppling...Apples are not part of the dumplings. But you can try.Such a pretty leaf holes! LOL

MY VERY FIRST DUMPLING!
Chio bo?
First 7 dumplings I've made!
Into the pot they goes...
boil...
boil.....
boil.......
boil.........
boil...........
!AN INTRUDER!
Naa he came to bring in my orange amp!!! =D
Wheeee its finally back! Doggy is happy too~
Thanks you MTGG! Happy birthday!
==========================================
I was playing some violin cds for my mommy that day when we were making the dumplings.
She seldom like to listen any of 'our' songs...she only listens to her FM95.8 chinese oldies...
guess what?
I woke up to one of my favourite, David Garrett the next morning!
WOW!


 
♥Chloé 11:12 PM,

0 Comments: